Monday, November 3, 2008

Not at all Nascar related...BUT we so met NKOTB last night!

So last night was a dream come true for Darlynn and I. We went to see New Kids on the Block in Tampa. On the way there, we listened to all the old hits (and even did the New Kids dance in the car). We passed a few mini vans full of soccer Mom's that had 'NKOTB 4-Eva' & 'Blockheads for life' written on their windows. We arrived at the St. Pete Times Forum around 5:00 for the meet and greet. People got their old school NKOTB shirts and 6" buttons from their attic. I haven't seen some of this stuff in years and it brought me way back.

On the way up to the meet and greet, we both started getting very nervous. Granted, these guys haven't been around in years but it is NKOTB for Christ Sakes. We look at each other and say....are Darlynn Nangano and Megan Wood really about to meet NKOTB? Roll your eyes if you must but we spent a majority of our childhood dreaming of these guys. My entire room, comforter, sheets and all were NKOTB and here we are about to meet them. Dar and I both had to prevent ourselves from crying, yes we are dorks and we know this. The meet and greet starts and we hugged everyone of them. Yes, I hugged Joey McIntyre. I ended up standing in between Donnie Whalberg and Jordan Knight. Donnie held onto me like his Prom Date. Dar stood next to Jordan and some chic we don't know (they made us go in groups of 6). The guys were dolls. I was already on cloud 9 and the concert hadn't started yet. Natasha Bedingfield opened up for the guys. She is phenomenal. The concert started and it was BEYOND anything in my wildest dreams. They played all the old hits, sounded great and still had all their moves. Imagine over 20,000 women, from their late 20's into their 40's screaming like they were 13. I can't even describe what happened to building when they did the finale of Step by Step and Hanging Tough. My ears are still ringing from the screaming. It was by far the most fun I have ever had at a concert. I have no voice today and I am very tired.

Needless to say, we didn't get to watch the race, although I am very happy Carl Edwards won and MTJ finished in the top 10.

No comments: