Saturday, September 20, 2008

Megans take on the 12

After race one of the Chase, I felt the need to write about the 12 boys going for the cup.

Carl Edwards (5220)
Since the beginning of the season, I have been saying that Carl was going to win the cup. Yes, I am biased but I have felt for 2 years now that Carl is the greatest driver on the circuit. My prediction is Carl is the winner. Lets see what would make a perfect 2008....Carl winning the cup, my buddy Regan Smith winning rookie of the year, the Gators winning the National Title and Tebow winning back to back Heisman Trophys.....hey, a girl can dream right!?

Jimmie Johnson (5220)
Jimmie has the experience of winning 2 cups in a row. Can he do 3? It will be tough and there will be a lot of "3-pete" pressure on him but if anyone can do it, it will be him. Jimmie is a comeback kid. I like Jimmie, he is a classy guy.

Greg Biffle (-30)
Biff has been very impressive this year. Do I really think he will do it? No...I think it will come down to Carl and Jimmie, and I hate to say it....Kyle....who will probably win a few more races and make me sick. Gag.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. (-50)
In Nascar Nations perfect world, boy wonder will win the cup and make all the trillions of Jr. fans dreams come true. It would boost Nascars ratings. It wont happen though. Next year, maybe. Not this year. Lets try to have someone other than Hendricks win the cup this year.

Jeff Burton (-50)
Yawn. Not happening.

Denny Hamlin (-72)
Denny is a "fast" learner. Can he pull off a Championship? We will have to wait and see over the next few weeks.

Tony Stewart (-73)
I seriously doubt Tony will pull through this year. His heart isn't in it. He thinks it is a one man show. When you make comments like "Good job there, guys, we gave another one away today. Great job". Zip had to remind him that they are all in this together. "We win and lose as a team. It was a great effort, okay? Enough of that shit." Your not going to win a cup with this attidue Smoke.

Kyle Busch (-74)
Hey, how did you get all the way down here Kyle?? Welcome to the Chase my friend. It is a whole new ballgame now. Go whine some. I am sure you will be back in contention in the next few weeks. Just please don't win at Talladega. I dont want to travel all that way to see you win another race being you have won 2 of the 4 races I have attended this year. Thanks in advance!

Clint Bowyer (-83)
I don't see this happening, sorry Clint.

Kevin Harvick (-86)
It has taken me 2 years to like Kevin again after the 500 2 years ago, which prevented me from going to victory lane w/ Mark Martin. He has the talent, the Nascar wife who sits atop his pitbox in her firesuit clocking lap times, but does he have the car to do it? We will have to wait and see.

Jeff Gordon (-99)
I will keep my comments about Jeff's possibilities to myself until after tomorrows race. He won the pole, he has the fastest car....if he wins tomorrow, who knows what will happen.

Matt Kenseth (-177)
Not a chance in hell. Sorry Matt.

No comments: