Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A unique place to visit while in Texas this week

With Texas on the mind, I came across something I must share. As you all know, I love NASCAR. What you may not know is that I am a HUGE fan of The Food Network, which I watch every day. One of my top 5 favorite shows is Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, hosted by Guy Fieri.

If you watch Guy's show, you are already aware that he finds great eats in hidden places. Luck be have it, the upcoming April 6th show is featuring The Chef Point Cafe which is a 5 star gas station (?!?!!) in Fort Worth Texas. They feature culinary creations as crab cakes topped with roasted bell pepper, lobster bisque, escargot and grilled sea scallops in garlic butter. So you can get your gas, lotto tickets and gourmet food to go.

Please, for the love of god, if you are attending the race this weekend, stop by The Chef Point Cafe and let me know the details. My culinary curiosity is driving me mad. I mean, escargot at a gas station, really??

The Chef Point Cafe is located at 5901 Watauga Rd, Watauga TX.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Megan,

Here's the story. The chef's there really are world-class, or at least, Texas-class.

But the banks absolutely would not lend them the money to open a restaurant. They would lend them the money to open a convenience store. So that's what they did. And then they opened the restaurant like they always wanted.

- Rick Eckart, Euless, TX