Saturday, October 11, 2008

Nascar goes pink

Anyone that knows me is fully aware of my obsession w/ the color pink. Anything that comes in the color pink, I have to have. Just a small example, my kitchen is full of pink small appliances and my golf clubs/bags are pink. I wanted to buy a pink cross bow at Bass Pro Shops....then I remembered, I don't hunt. I had to stop myself from buying a pink Dyson Vacuum cleaner the other day...being I already have a perfectly working purple one.

So it is fitting for me to get excited over all the pink cars on the track this weekend to benefit Breast Cancer Awareness. This is a wonderful thing that the sponsors and Nascar are doing for the Susan G Koman foundation during the month of October. It makes me sit back and recall a conversation I had 2 1/2 years ago with a certain team owner...telling him that we should paint one of the cars pink in October....and his response was "Are you going to go after Tampax to sponsor the car?" HA! Seems I wasn't that out there.

No comments: