Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Julianne Hough did not sing the National Anthem at the Daytona 500...dogs' ears breathe a sigh of relief...


As I was waking up today, I realize that we missed one small little event to report on. As we filed on to pit row for opening ceremonies, I thought it was strange that Gavin DeGraw instead of Julianne Hough was singing the National Anthem for the Daytona 500. I love Gavin DeGraw but was wondering why the sudden flip flop of the person who will give me the goose bumps that occur every time during this part of the race? This was also his second time performing at a Daytona race...its too early to remember which one. Turns out, Miss Hough had influenza *cough realized she shouldnt quit her day job and sing in front of a gazillion people cough* and was unable to perform. My question is in todays economy, why didnt they just whore out Keith Urban and get him to do it? Is it because he is Austrailian like we talked about here? Just a random thought before my coffee. A side note, if you have never listened to Gavin Degraw first album...its a must! His new album "Free" hits stores on March 31st on J Records.

1 comment:

Melissa ("Hilljack") said...

I actually thought he did a horrible job...