Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Fast Lap with Sutherlin Marlin

Sutherlin Marlin her Brother Steadmon, Mother Paula & Father Sterling at the Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame

We would like to introduce you to up-and-coming racer Sutherlin Marlin, daughter of NASCAR driver Sterling Marlin. Sutherlin's first race is April 18th at The Fairgrounds Speedway in Nashville, where her father first started racing.

Q. What music have you recently put on your iPod?
A. George Strait----he is SO SEXY!

Q. What was the last movie you saw?
A. Days of Thunder...it’s my favorite!

Q. What are your favorite TV shows, or something you must have in your DVR/Tivo?
A. I am hooked on Desperate Housewives

Q. What other sporting teams/events do you follow?
A. I bleed orange; I am a die-hard University of Tennessee fan. I’m proud of my Tennessee Titans to!

Q. What is one personal item you can not live without?
A. It’s a tie- My Justin Workboots and My cell phone

Q. What are your favorite places to visit?
A. I love going down to the Virgin Islands and Vacationing but as for tracks I got to stand by Bristol and Talladega the atmosphere and racing both are incredible

Q. What is your favorite clothing brand?
A. Carhartts…I can’t live without them

Q. What is your favorite book or publication?
A. I really like football biographies

Q. What is your favorite activity to do in your off time?
A. Going to the river or goofing off on the farm

Q. What is your favorite cuisine?
A. Traditional southern food (fried anything, greens, beans)….but I do enjoy some sushi to!

Q. What advice would you give other females looking to get into the sporting world (which is usually dominated by men)?
A. Keep your head up and don't listen to what people say, 99% of the time they are just scared that they will be shown up by a girl. One of my motto's is if they ain't talking about you, you aren't doing something right. If you are in a wreck it's going to be all your fault because you are a girl, if you actually are a great driver and get a good ride, it's not your abilities that got you there, it's because you are a girl and you have "the best equipment out there". So don't listen to the haters and NEVER listen to someone if they tell you that you can't do something.

Join us next week for a Fast Lap with Claire B. Lange, Host SIRIUS NASCAR radio.

No comments: